Saturday, November 11, 2006

Dede

Look at these pictures..



How sweet they look..The dede (grandpa) drinking his tea..using his classic tea cup.....the grandaughter trying to explain to her dede of the movie (ice age 2) she watched at the cinema.

These pictures were snapped months ago..

i doubt she will remember moments like this when she grows up..She will probably remember her dede..but these moments may not register in her mind...

The truth is.. i am glad that my children have the chance to get to know their dede ( halil's dad). They have missed out knowing their baba anne (the mom of their dad) since she died when they were still toddlers.. n their tok wan(my mom) and atuk dede (my dad) r thousands of kilometres away from them..what they remember of them r the moments i captured on video the last time we were in malaysia...how baddin used to crawl on top of my dad.. of how my mom used to squeezed hatice in her arms till she looked at me in plea..how her along teyze used to pamper her .......

Yeah..death waits for no man of course.. when it is time to go..u go..u cant say to Allah..*i want to die after i get to know my grandchildren bla bla bla*.. life doesnt work that way.. Myself for example.. i have never seen any of my grandpas...but i live to see my wan (my dad's mom) who died only a year or two ago at the age..i assume almost 120 years of age....my mom's mom died after giving birth to my mom... the fact that my granddad married her lil sister after that leaves me with a step grandma (wan muda..or wan mudo they call her in the n9 dialect)..but she has many children of her own..many grandchildren of her own as well... i am not close to any of my grandmas coz we live so far away from each other..n i dont speak their dialect....no regrets..

But i clearly remember my great great grandma(my grandma's mom). i call her wan tua. I remember my wan muda was looking after her mom. I remember my wan tua walking slowly..*mengesot mengesot* to go to the bathroom to take her wudhuk so that she could pray..i think i admire her coz even at her age..barely able to walk..she was still trying her best to pray.. i dont remember talking to her much.. like i said.. i grew up not speaking the dialect..my northern accent even if i try to speak her dialect.. would sound odd to her already failing ears..She used to sit on the bench underneath the *pokok jambu air putih* (guava tree) at times when she needed the fresh air....

I remember at one time when we went home to our hometown....she was sitting there..i was playing in front of mak long's house...somewhere near the durian tree.. we were to leave the village that day..she approached me slowly...she said something.. i could not understand her..then i saw her pulling a 2 ringgit note...i heard her saying something like..*ekau punyo* (this is urs)..i took it..

I spent it of course on ice cream.. i was young then..

Now looking back.. if i had more *brain*.. i would have saved that money for memory sake.. That was the first and the last time i recieved anything from my wan tua.. she died when i was 15 years old... at the age of..i think more than 120..she was ancient..really really ancient..

I dunno where she got the money..but can u imagine...?? for someone that age who had gone thru a lot of occupations.. japanese.. british...what not..that 2 ringgit must have meant a lot to her....i used to have her picture as well.. but i think it got burnt with the rest of the things when our home in penang got burnt many many years ago..

my kids.. they have their dede still..2 dede..one in malaysia..one in turkey.. one anna anne whom they call tok wan..baba anne..they maybe can see in their dreams?..

But one thing i am happy about is that..my angels r not alone... they r surrounded by loving uncles, aunties and cousins..n they all live within reach.. as in... the next door..the next apartment... the next next few streets...

As for the ones in malaysia... siap la.. depa balik malaysia..abis la depa buli hangpa semua hehehehe..hatice dan baddin brutal jugak heheheh :0)

Thank You for hopping by..Hope to see U again next time....

11 Comments:

Blogger Kak Elle said...

simah a picture tell a thousand words..they look so absorbed!!and cute:)You r not alone I only know my grandparents on father's side ..I don't even get to see my grandparents from my mom's side as they both died young during the japanese occupations.My maternal grandma was indon dutch and I am pretty sure she must have been a pretty lady.

Saturday, 11 November, 2006  
Blogger Nong said...

Eventhough they are gone, their loving memories will linger in our mind forever...

Be sure to keep these lovely pics and show them to the kids when they are older. They will bring sweet nostalgic memories...

Saturday, 11 November, 2006  
Blogger Ajzie said...

The moment hatice and dede is so sweet kan. Tp kita hanya mampu merancang, Allah sahaja yang menentukan segalanya.

Baca your N3 buat saya rindu my mom..banyak kenangan bersamanya..yg tak mungkin saya lupa..

Hugs
Ajzie

Saturday, 11 November, 2006  
Blogger ibuVouge said...

the pict capture everything..so sweet...
Bila nak balik M'sia

Sunday, 12 November, 2006  
Blogger zino said...

salam kenal

firstime hopping to this blog..

Sunday, 12 November, 2006  
Blogger Lollies said...

lucky are your kids.

my kids have no atuk nor relative here. soma orang kat sini kira bapak sedara mak sedara lah kot.

My kids are very close to both my dad and my mum. maybe zachary won't remember much though

Sunday, 12 November, 2006  
Blogger Alinlai said...

apa-apa pun budak zaman la ni memang bertuah sebab bila depa besaq nanti ada gambar (kalau tak hilang/ terbakaq) untuk depa belek-belek...dan yang paling best depa ada blog mak bapa untuk dibaca :)

Monday, 13 November, 2006  
Blogger Sherin de Souza said...

Nak jumpa kalau balik nanti. Nak tgk sapa buli sapa. Ha! I la kot yg akan buli anak-anak you. Cubit sini cubit sana.. :)

Yes, Simah. I am back. Dah free sikit ni but am expecting to be bz again later in the week.

It is wonderful for grand kids to bond with their grand parents. I wish my kids sempat jumpa my arwah Mama. She would have really spoiled the kids. :)

Take care my fren.

Monday, 13 November, 2006  
Blogger simah said...

kak elle
********
ur maternal grandma indon dutch? like u said..she must have been a pretty lady.. dia berhijrah sebab kawin ngan her hubby ka kak elle?

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Kak Nong
********

i will..:0)
we r so lucky nowadays..technologies have mede it possible for us to save these memories in a variety of ways..

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ajzie
*****
*hugs* tabah yea? i didnt mean to make u sad.. tapi like kak nong said kat atas tu..

*Eventhough they are gone, their loving memories will linger in our mind forever...*

and that is the words of a strang brave lady who had lost one of her angels..she should know..

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ibu vogue
*********

bila ada rezeki..we will be on our first flight to malaysia..doa doakan la yea my kids dapat main dengan tok wan dan atuk dede depa at least one more time..

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ü

zino
****

salam kenal..terima kasih kerana mengunjungi blog saya :0)

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

lollies
******

lama lagi ka u dekat sana? any chances of returning home for good?

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

alinlai
******

betul betul...lepas tu gambaq gambaq bole simpan dalam cd.. from cd boleh terus develop gambaq etc..etc.. technologies memang canggih kan?

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

sherin
*****
u r back!! *hugs*..nanti la kita tengok anak sapa buli anak sapa? hehehe..but for that kita kena jumpa dulu hehehehehe

i am sure ur arwah mama would have spoiled the kids.. after all...grandma n grandpa r for spoiling them.. the mom n the dad r for not spoiling them..hence they like us lesser when they r with their grannies hehehe

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Monday, 13 November, 2006  
Blogger Kak Elle said...

simah mg maternal grandma stayed in jakarta her mom is dutch and I guess she was there after the duthc went over and remain in Jakarta.Grandma was educated and speaks english yes unfortunately noone has her picture.

Monday, 13 November, 2006  
Blogger simah said...

kak elle
********
what a pity.. so dont let history repeats itself.. akak tangkap gambar akak banyak banyak... biar glamour sikit bila anak sedara semua tengok one day.. :0)

Monday, 13 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[BollediSapone] Graphics Link