Monday, October 30, 2006

What if....

We were just talking.. and she began to say in turkish..

*Do u know what my fear is? i am afraid that if an earthquke happens and this building collapse..and i am alive. just imagine.. i will be stuck under the rubbles..with rats moving around my face and body(she cannot stand animals)... eeeeeeeeee..*

and she continued ..

*And can u just imagine? the Zaim kids. half of them have allergics..asthma symptoms..and they wll be in the dusts..poor kids*

*chuckles* ..very typical of her.. thinking of others as well..but then..that's our Meşe...

The last earthquake revived loads of fears within a lot of people..with the talk of more earthquakes to come... earthquakes moving towards istanbul etc etc..everyone is reminded of the big earthquake in 1999..alot..though not all live in fear..

I came to Turkey in that year but Alhamdulillah only after the earthquake...only small earthquakes were present at that time..Alhamdulillah.. even those small earthquakes..when they happened..i was busy doing something n was not aware of it.. the only one and only time i noticed it was that one night.. halil n i were asleep.. i woke up due to the loud noise.. there was a very loud sound as if a very large herd of elephants were running towards me..the bed moving..and that night the center was the *ada* (islands) in istanbul.. my kids Alhamdulillah have never known the feeling of an earthquake so far... but to most.. the 1999 earthquake was still somehow fresh in their minds..

This reminds me of n email (in turkish) i recieved today from Funda.. and here the email goes like this....

In a university, a lecturer was giving a lecture. He asked the class..

*what if at this time tomorrow, the world will end. U cannot escape it.What will u do today before u say farewell to the world tomorrow?*

Different answers came from the students...
*I will pray to God and ask for His forgiveness*
*I will say farewell to all my love ones*
*I will spend time with my family*
*I will go to my parents*
*I will play basketball with my friends like the old days for half an hour*
*I will make a barbeque party*
*I will love my sweetheart till the end*
*I will eat all my favourite food for the last time*
*I will go to sleep*
*I will go for a walk in the forest for the last time*
*I will watch the sun set and the sun rise*
*I will watch the stars*
*I will prepare all my favurite food and invite all my love ones for dinner*
*I will have a picnic*
*I will travel to the place i have always wanted to go and wait for my death there*
*I will ask for forgiveness from those i had hurt before*
*etc..etc..etc.. and the list goes on*

The lecturer wrote everything on the board..while laughing lightly he asked the students..

*Do u have to wait for the end of the world to do all these things?*

hmmm... thinking back.. he is right, isnt he? I mean..if we want to do something..why do we have to wait for the last minute to do it? If we have the chance..the opportunity... why not do the things we want to do.. NOW?

Like for myself.. if i have the chance..the opportunity.. i will be on the first flight to Malaysia with halil n the kids....to see my family..to see my homeland..

I dont have that opportunity at the moment of course..

But i have other opportunities.. other chance to do other things... why dont i grab them now, right?

we all should ..to not waste every moment we have... coz we dont need to wait for the end of the world..it can be today... it can be tomorrow for our lives to end.... even the next second...



Thank You for hopping by..Hope to see U again next time....

13 Comments:

Blogger Kak Elle said...

Simah I agreed you don't have to wait till end of the world to do all those chores...cause you maynot see tomorrow.

Tuesday, 31 October, 2006  
Blogger Alinlai said...

iye awat nak tunggu sampai minit2 terakhir baru nak buat semua benda...raya lagi ka kat sana? hang buat kuah kacang tak tahun ni?

Tuesday, 31 October, 2006  
Blogger Mama Rock said...

yes simah, do it while we can...tak payah tunggu occassion tapi kita ni selalu take things for granted - tu yang dok last minute sindrome ni :)

i pray that you and family will be safe earthquake or no, take care!

Tuesday, 31 October, 2006  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

Simah .. I hope you and family will be spared from any earthquakes.

By the way ... I like your raya.... banyak chocolates!

Tuesday, 31 October, 2006  
Blogger simah said...

kak elle
********
i agree... but why is it i still postpone doing things in the last minute? hehe habit kot..

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

alinlai
******
kat sini raya 3 hari ja..raya ke 4 tak raya dah..
tak buat apa apa pun..mala nak buat sebab nanti tak ada orang yg akan appreciate pun..

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

mama rock
*********
amin..i fear for my kids actually...Allah knows best ..

last minute syndrom ni.. heheh i still am doing it.. susah nak buang habit..akak lak?

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Queen of the House
*****************

u r back!! *hugs* akak... gambaq raya mana? :0) at least gambaq KOTH punya nail yg lekang tu.. *cringe*

amin...kalau ada earthquake tu..kalau saya senyap tetiba tu..paham paham la yea?..seram jugak..tapi semua tu ditangan Allah..kalau nak jadi apa apa..tak payah tunggu earthquake..like i said..i fear for my kids..

betul akak..banyak jenis coklat masa raya..bentuk lain lain.. tu la sayang tak ada hp..next year saya snap coklat coklat kat turki ni masa raya yea? :0)

Tuesday, 31 October, 2006  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

Simah ... I tengah malas nak update my entry ... ingat nak letak some pics (finally revealing myself on the blog???) Entahlah. I'll send you the link to my Shutterfly album ... pun malas nak edit some of the photos ... nanti Simah tengoklah semuanya! Gambar toenail tu ada hari tu, tapi KOTH dah delete pulak .... guna camera dia, mine tetiba KO pulak, jadi gambar raya pun mostly from his perspective!

Simah, kenap tak hint hint kat Halil beli digital camera masa b'day dulu. La ni murah aje ....

Tuesday, 31 October, 2006  
Blogger Kak Teh said...

simah, love your raya photos! and yes, not another earthuake - doa diajuhkan segala bencana.

Tuesday, 31 October, 2006  
Blogger anggerik merah said...

Simah dear,

Your raya photo is so wonderful..

Pray that you and family are protected from Earthquake hits in Istanbul.

Tuesday, 31 October, 2006  
Blogger simah said...

Queen of the House
******************
Akak..terima kasih sebab tunjukkan gambaq tu.. dari camera KOTH aja sampai 57 keping? kalau kat kamera akak berapa la gamaknya gambaq yg akak dah snap..

memang ceria dan meriah betul semua dalam gambar tu..my fav r of ur kids n masa ur single pose dengan KOTH...reveal la akak diri kat blog..biar semua kenal..*inilah QOFH kesayangan kita*...

saya memang teringin nak suruh halil beli digital camera pun..tapi tu la.. dah dekat 2 bulan kami hidup tanpa gaji (sebulan sebelum berenti kerja lama..dekat sebulan lepas start keja baru).. tengah tunggu gaji ni..tapi ari tu masa birthday saya hint dia beli hp baru (sebab hp lama dia rosak..hp saya dia kebas)....dia cakap tunggu gaji.. tu la..tunggu dia *kaya sikit* heheh lepas tu..demanddddd..:0).. mula mula hp..lepas tu digital camera :0)..lepas tu..Malaysia..insyaAllah....cukup duit..hajiiiiiiiiii....(chewah.. banyak nya saya berangan angan ni) ..

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

kak teh
*******
aminn (40 kali)..semoga Allah menjauhkan segala bencana ke atas kita semua...

:0) gambaq raya tu semua saya dah siap develop nak pos kat mak n ayah.. mesti depa rindu kat hatice n baddin..lama tak pos gambaq depa kat mak dan ayah..cucu jauh depa..dah dekat 4 tahun depa tak jumpa cucu 2 ekoq ni..

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Tuesday, 31 October, 2006  
Blogger simah said...

Anggerik Merah
**************
Another 40 kali amin...Ketentuan Allah tiada siapa yg dapat menghalang..tapi seram jugak...esp for my kids..

thank you for ur prayers..:0)

Tuesday, 31 October, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

simah, saya turut berdoa atas keselamatan simah sekeluarga di sana.

Tuesday, 31 October, 2006  
Blogger Mummy Rizq said...

Its true simah. But we people selalunya tunggu di saat saat terakhi kalo nak buat apa apa pun kan...

BTW, hows raya?

Wednesday, 01 November, 2006  
Blogger simah said...

mama sarah
**********
amin... dan terima kasih kerana sudi berdoa utk kami di sini..

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

marlinabaharom
**************
raya biasa ja..3 hari sibuk..şepas tu..raya pun abis :0) ..saya ada cerita dlm entry yg lepas...ada tu kat bawah tu :0) awak pulak mcm mana?

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Wednesday, 01 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[BollediSapone] Graphics Link